Hello Friends – I am co-hosting Fashion’s Night Out Georgetown again this year. We’d love to see each of you in the streets of Georgetown having a fantastic time with us. If you wanna know where we’ll be, check out the list of some of my favorite hot spots below! And don’t look for me between 12 & 3 because I’ll be in the BEAUTY SHOP ! ( -Jackie’s Back)
For the Female Fashionista
- CUSP: DC Scout is hosting an FNO party at CUSP Georgetown from 6-9 p.m. featuring music, refreshments and a chance to win a $500 CUSP gift card and a styling session with Meredith Liberty.
- Urban Chic: Fashionistas can “Shop/Sketch/Style” at Urban Chic all night. To shop, attendees can enjoy a Rebecca Minkoff trunk show, 15% off discount and free gift with purchase specials. Plus, with any $250+ purchase, artist Inslee Haynes will do a custom illustration of the customer wearing their new purchase. In terms of style, Georgetown’s Easel Hair Studio will host an in store “Beach Waves Bar” to style customers who make a small donation to Habitat for Humanity. Shoppers can also gab with the fashion bloggers from Bitches Who Brunch, Becca Loveridge and Cori Sue Morris. They will also be selling the signature FNO Georgetown shirts and totes benefitting Vital Voices.
- Hu’s Wear: Shoppers can meet local style experts and FNO Host Committee members while shopping Hu’s fall sale. Refinery29’s DC editor Holly Thomas will share her top picks for fall while Gilt City DC’s curator Marissa Schneider will help shop the in-store fall sale.Both Hu’s Shoes and Hu’s Wear just sent us updated deets for their FNO festivities; here’s the scoop: Shop before anyone else at an exclusive Fashion’s Night Out party hosted by DC Refinery29 Editor, Holly Thomas. Purchase tickets on GiltCity.com and from 5-7pm you’ll sip on champagne and enjoy macarons while you shop. With over six seasons from designers like Balenciaga, Isabel Marant, Céline, The Row, Fendi at 80% off, there is something for every shopper. The first 25 Gilt City ticket holders to spend over $250 will all receive exclusive swag bags loaded with gifts. Additional hidden prizes like jewelry, clutches, gift cards and other swag will be hidden randomly in certain gift bags. After 7pm, the doors at Hu’s Wear and Hu’s Shoes are open to all!
- Madewell: Local hairstylists will braid customers’ hair in several styles inspired by their new denim collection from 6-8p.m. Shoppers can also enjoy refreshments and receive a gift with purchase when spending $100 or more.
- Sassanova: Sassanova will host “Sass, Sips, and Stilettos” with cocktails, treats and a shoe design contest from 6-10 p.m. Customers can design their own shoes with a chance to win a pair of their own shoes (up to $200). The winner will be chosen in a Facebook contest on Friday, September 7th. Local jewelry line Queen Bee Designs and its designer Allison Priebe Brooks will also host a jewelry trunk show.
- Urban Outfitters is doing DIY workshops all night.
For the Dapper Gent
- Hugh & Crye: “Cocktails, Collars and Cuffs” is a toast to the gentleman who dresses up without occasion, only for the love of a look as crisp as the cocktail he sips. Food and refreshments will be provided, including Glenlivet.
- Streets of Georgetown: Streets will host a ‘man cave’ and stylish guys can meet UrbanDaddy DC editor Jeff Dufour, and enjoy Filet mignon sandwiches courtesy of Morton’s The Steakhouse from 6-9 p.m. Guests who bring a receipt from Streets of Georgetown to Morton’s will receive complimentary Glenvlivet scotch samplings all night.
- Vineyard Vines: Vineyard Vines is hosting its “10-10″ Shop for a Cause event where guests can shop charitably from 6-10p.m. Everyone will enjoy 10% off all purchases that night and 10% of sales will benefit the official FNO Georgetown charity, DC-based Vital Voices Global Partnership. Refreshments will also be served.
- Diesel: Diesel will be joined by another famous Italian brand, Peroni, who will provide beverages for guests 21 and up, while DJs will spin live music all night.
For the Beauty Queen
- Roche Salon: Roche Salon will host a fashionable bash, also celebrating their 25th anniversary Grand Relaunch Party, with live music, appetizers and drinks starting at 7 p.m.
- Alchimie Forever: “Skin, Shoes, and Style: An evening of beauty” will offer complimentary beauty styling, refreshments, gift with purchase specials and the opportunity to meet FNO Host Committee member Kelly Collis from 94.7 Fresh FM.
For the Home Design Enthusiast
- Darrel Dean Antiques: Inspired by Japanese 80s Couture, “Pittura Metafisca” at Darrel Dean will feature live models in vignettes featuring high end design objects, fine art & antiques. The event starts at 7 p.m. and will also feature fashion from Yohji Yamamoto and the Issey Miyake couture collection. FNO Host Committee member Rachel Cothran to join in the fun!
- FLOR: The unique carpet design store will host a lively party from 6-8 p.m. with tunes from DJ Jeff Prior, catering by FOJOL Brothers and gift bags for the first 50 customers.
- Design Within Reach: Where modern meets fashion, Design Within Reach will showcase a wide assortment of classic and iconic textiles from Maharam from 5:30-9 p.m. Shoppers can learn a little about classic mid-century modern style while enjoying hors d’oeuvres and sipping wine and shopping the first night of the Dining Sale for elegant entertaining solutions.
For the Foodie
- Puro Café: Shoppers can refresh and enjoy cocktails and $5 makeovers by celebrity make-up artist Anna Castillo from 7-9 p.m. The session includes beauty tips and photos by celebrity photographer Gedalia Vera, before and after each makeover.
- Georgetown Cupcake: Georgetown Cupcake will be offering a “FNO” red velvet cupcake to each customer that visits the shop. One free cupcake per customer from 6-11 pm.
- Peacock Café: Guests can meet FNO Host Committee member, photographer Walter Grio and even enter to win a chance to cover New York Fashion Week with him. The restaurant will also offer a special FNO Food & Bar menu at special prices from 4-6:30 p.m. and 9:30-close.
- FNO Specialty cocktails like “The Devil Wears Prada” by Bandolero mixologist Sam Babcock and Morton’s the Steakhouse’s “Black Tie” cocktail
Other don’t-miss neighborhood-wide events include:
- vitaminwater zero Pop-Up Outdoor Disco Dance Party: Fashionistas can shake their booty to live DJ tunes from Fatback all night as the PNC Bank Parking lot at the corner of M Street and Wisconsin Ave. transforms into a pop-up disco dance floor. 7 – 11 pm
- Community Red Carpets: On FNO Georgetown, everyone can be a star and ‘walk the red carpet’ and get their picture taken at four FNO Georgetown red carpet locations throughout the neighborhood. Fashionistas can play dress up and strike a pose on Fashion’s Night Out at Cady’s Alley, 30th & M Street (SunTrust Bank), Wisconsin & M Street (Banana Republic) and the Dean & DeLuca/BrightestYoungThings Lounge on M Street. First 350 to strike a pose at one of the four red carpet locations gets a free FNO surprise gift.
- BrightestYoungThings Shoppers Lounge Takeover: Guests can entertain and be entertained as BrightestYoungThings brings a slice of their ever-creative fun to the Dean and DeLuca patio lounge from 7:30-11pm. Fatback DJs will spin all night while shoppers can take a break, let their hair down, and chill or re-energize with live music, refreshments and more.
For more information check out www.fashionsnightoutgeorgetown.com